Sultry Kouture Policies and Procedures
Sultry Kouture is a woman owned, Minority Company based in Detroit, MI. Sultry Kouture is a Women’s Clothing Company that specializes in handmade apparel, accessories, etc. Each piece is cut and sewn by Kyah Kouture in-house. Please note that any apparel, accessories, etc created by Sultry Kouture are one of a kind and cannot be returned for a cash refund unless defective.
Because most items are not in stock and have to be constructed in our studio, any payments made will go towards the cost of materials, construction, and labor. Prices may vary depending on availability of materials, delivery time, and delivery location (if applicable).
FOR CUSTOM ORDERS:
Please be on time for any scheduled appointments with Sultry Kouture. We ask that any cancellations be made with 24-48 hours, to ensure there are no conflicts with any other appointments. Also, if you arrive 15 minutes or later after your scheduled time you will incur a $25 late fee. We want to ensure we are providing quality services and meeting the needs of every client. In order to do so, we ask that you (the client) are aware, courteous and are on time so that your appointment doesn’t conflict with other scheduled appointments.
Due to restrictions with Covid-19, we now offered via Zoom or Google Meet.
A. Be on Time- It is very important to be on time for your consultation. During this time, we will assess your needs, create a profile, gather the necessary information such as final design and measurements, and collect a deposit of 60% of your total order, including the cost of materials, before the start of your order. Please be advised that because all items are custom made, materials may not be in stock and on hand. You, the client, are responsible for the cost of materials and may incur additional cost if materials total more than estimated cost. Initial consultations will not exceed more than two (2) hours, if so you may be liable for a $20 fee per half hour, up to 2 hours. Sultry Kouture wants to be sure that you are aware and understand that we may have other appointments and we want to ensure that we are providing all of clients with the same level of excellent customer service. There is no exception for deposits due. Deposits MUST BE made at the time the contract is signed in order to ensure that your item is completed. Due to the nature of our business, a 60% deposit ensures your commitment and confirms your order.
B. Fittings- Your first fitting will be scheduled no later than eight (8) business days after your we assess your needs, create a profile, gather the necessary information such as final design and measurements, and collect a deposit of 60% of your total order, including the cost of materials, before the start of your order. Please be advised that because all items are custom made, materials may not be in stock and on hand. You, the client, are responsible for the cost of materials and may incur additional cost if materials total more than estimated cost. Initial consultations will not exceed more than one (1) hours, if so you may be liable for a $25 fee per half hour, up to 2 hours. Sultry Kouture wants to be sure that you are aware and understand that we may have other appointments and we want to ensure that we are providing all of clients with the same level of excellent customer service. There is no exception for deposits due. Deposits MUST BE made at the time the contract is signed in order to ensure that your item is completed. Due to the nature of our business, a 60% deposit ensures your commitment and confirms your order. consultation, unless otherwise specified by Sultry Kouture. If materials are ordered via online and have to be shipped, your appointment will be scheduled upon receipt and inspection of materials. It is important to be available for each appointment scheduled in order to ensure proper fitting of your garment. If you are unable to meet the scheduled time/ date of your scheduled appointment, we ask that you call within 24 hours to cancel or you will be subject to a $25 cancellation fee. If you are late more than 15 minutes to your scheduled appointment, you will incur a $25 late fee. If you miss an appointment without contacting Sultry Kouture, you will incur a $50 no call/no show fee. Time is a sensitive matter and we understand that things come up. We have to be courteous and respect the appointments of other clients as well. If you are unsure you will be able to make your appointment, we ask that you extend us the courtesy and contact us. Rescheduling can be arranged if necessary.
If you miss both appointments for you first and final fitting, your item(s) will be completed as stated on the initial contract and you will be subject to any fees associated with any adjustments that need to be made.
2. Special Occasion Items- Sultry Kouture wants to be sure that your special occasion just that, special. We ask that you schedule your consultation as early as possible as some items can take anywhere from 7-14 weeks to complete. Rush ordering may be available but will be subject to a fee of $75-150 depending on the season and completion timeframe. Because each item is custom made, materials are not in stock and may have to be ordered in order to complete your transaction. Please note that consultations for special occasion items may be scheduled for up to two (2) hours and may be subject to a $25 fee for each half an hour that exceeds the allotted time. It is very important that you are on time for your consultation. If you are late more than 15 minutes of your scheduled time, you will incur a $25 late fee. You will be subject to a $50 no call/no show fee if you miss your appointment altogether.
A. Prom Dresses/Special Occasion- A parent or legal guardian MUST be present during the consultation and both fittings. There is NO EXCEPTION to this rule. Although you (the student) may be the person responsible for the cost of the garment, it is BEST to have a parent/legal guardian present to ask any questions you may or may not know to ask. If no parent/legal guardian is available, Sultry Kouture will be unable to complete your transaction. If you are 18 or older, you may waive your right by signing a WAIVER OF LIABILITY. Your transaction will not be completed unless the waiver is signed. There is no exception to this rule. It is very important to meet all your appointment dates. If you are late more than 15 minutes, you will incur a $25 late fee. A $50 no call/no show fee will be incur if you miss your appointment altogether. If you need to cancel, we ask that you contact us at least 24 hours in advance.
3. Cost- Like any other business, there are costs to run effectively and efficiently. We ask that all payments be made on time. Payment arrangements may only be made for items over $500. Any items under $500 are due as specified; 60% upon signing of the contract, the remaining balance upon the completion of your order. There is no exception to this rule. Please be mindful that materials have to be purchased in order to complete your order and unless we have the full amount specified upon ordering, we will not be able to process your request. It is important that you make both appointments scheduled by Sultry Kouture. If any appointments are missed, you will incur a fee of $50 per missed appointment in addition to any fees associated with adjustments needed to the garment. We want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with your order and we can only ensure that if you make each scheduled appointment. If you need to reschedule, we ask that you call at least 24 hours before your appointment to avoid any fees.
4. Refund/Return Policy:
Original sales receipt must accompany returns.
We accept returns for exchange or refund 7 calendar days after delivery of the product. At our sole discretion after 7 calendar days, we will offer an exchange or store credit only. Items must be in "new, unaltered and unused condition". Definition of new, unaltered and unused condition is:
• without showing signs of wear or damage in any way
• within 7 calendar days of the delivery date (after 7 days no returns are allowed)
• must not be a special order or a custom order
• unless noted that it cannot be returned or has a different return policy time period other than that 7 days noted in that item's particular item description.
If an item is received damaged or is incorrectly shipped by us please contact Customer Support immediately. Items that are defective and shipped from us or items that you did not order but received from us will qualify for store credit or a cash refund.
Refunds are contingent upon inspection of item(s) once we receive it.
There is a 15% restocking fee for returned items that are not being exchanged and are not damaged. Again you MUST contact us within 7 days if you intend to return ANY item back to our store. Items returned to us AFTER 7 days and WITHOUT contacting us, will NOT be refunded.
Customer is responsible for all shipping costs if seller is not at fault.
5. Alterations- Please be advised that each item created is a Made to Order item. If, at any point, during the construction you would like to make changes to the item that are not associated with the construction of the garment you will be subject to a fee. There is NO EXCEPTION to this rule.
6. Shipping- processing time will take 1-3 business days for your item(s) to ship once your garment is completed.
We ship to the US only which typically takes 3- 7 business days to arrive. We also offer expedited shipping, however, please call or email us to inquiry about the next day shipping option as we are not always able to meet this request depending on our workload for the day.
Orders must be placed before 12:00 pm EST when requesting next day shipping, in order for the package to arrive the very next day. If your item is not in stock and you have ordered an item on backorder/pre order, please either give us a call or shoot us an email to get an estimated time frame on when your item will be shipped, as they all vary.